Monday, April 21, 2008

RSS and Me - Thing #8

Learning about RSS took more time than I ever expected. I did the tutorial for Bloglines, but had been warned by co-workers that there were some glitches and Google Reader might be easier to use. So now I've used both and settled on Google Reader.

My reader now contains the OCL TR Events feed, The New York Times, CNN, BBC, Woman's Day, and some fun news accounts (at least fun for me) like The Local - Sweden's news in English and MSNBC's Chris Matthews (I've become addicted for presidential politics).

With the election coming up all too soon, I'll be checking my Reader daily to see what the candidates are up to. I'm sure the librarians at OCL are hot on the trail of what's new in libraries around the country and world. What a great tool!

No comments: