Thursday, May 15, 2008

Web 2.0 Awards - Thing #19

So I spent far too much time playing with this! For City Guides I tried Yelp.com and discovered the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago as the second entry under Education--where my son is Director of Marketing. It had so many rave reviews that I had to forward it to him. My Lab computer got locked up on Wayfaring maps site when I tried to locate my house--not too impressive. I discovered on the Philanthropy site that I could order "planet friendly" underwear from Care 2! Wouldn't it be more "planet friendly" to go without????

But the worst was Zillow.com, a real estate site. Since I've been trying to sell my house for what seems like 101 years, I thought I'd check it out. The aerial map showed the house across the street and said my house was worth $66,000 more than we're asking. Or maybe the house across the street is worth that much more than mine. (I don't think so!) Apparently they are not reflecting current market conditions!

So I wasn't too impressed by these sites. Pandora is next on the list. I've heard rave reviews.

No comments: